HI, I’M ANGELA
In addition to the diverse background and journey that brought me to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), I bring with me a deep belief in the body’s ability to heal. This is fundamental to the way I practice. I see all symptoms as relevant and that healing occurs through listening to the body, working with the individual and bringing the systems back to balance.
I believe so deeply in the work I do and feel honoured to have a tool that can aid people in living healthier lives. I know each journey is unique, that we arrive at our current state along individual paths. Therefore I take the time to listen to what is pertinent for each individual – be it mind, body or spirit – and focus the treatment and recovery from there.
I have a diverse practice and work to support the individual, wherever they are on their healing journey. Patient education and empowerment is of utmost importance to me, helping the individual to have better understanding of their body, what they can do to change the pattern that got them to their current state and empowering them with tools that they can use to optimize their health in the future.
Our bodies are talking to us and if we aren’t able to take the time to listen, the message will get louder and louder.
The beauty of Traditional Chinese Medicine is that it is able to identify and treat seemingly mild symptoms at an early stage, before they will show up on diagnostic tests, therefore preventing conditions from escalating and causing dis-ease within the body. If we learn to listen to our bodies and address even the smallest symptoms at an early stage, we allow ourselves to thrive in a natural state of balance and live healthier, happier more vital lives.
I work to bring the ancient wisdom of Eastern Medicine to the modern world in an accessible and easy to integrate way. I combine this work with my training in Western Nutrition, Psychology, Applied Mindfulness, and Transformational Coaching to help bridge the gap between how we’re living and understanding the subtle (or not so subtle) messages of both our bodies and also nature.
I have a deep love of food, food culture, and understanding the ways in which food is grown, sourced, and delivered and how that impacts our world – both in our homes, but also our planet. These are key influences in my clinical practice and her daily life. My work is infused with spirit and earth-based wisdom; pulled from all the teachers, scientists, and wisdom keepers of the current day, and thousands of years before. I work with you to curate a unique and powerful program for you to live your healthiest most radiant life.
I work with individuals, groups, and organizations to help people, and in particular, women, cultivate a deeper understanding and relationship with themselves, but also the world around them.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Psychology-Sociology B.A -Bishop’s University
- Western Nutrition and Dietetics – McGill University
- Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine – International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Vancouver
- Internship Mainland China – He Fei, Jiang Yin 2003
- Craniosacral Therapy (CST)
- Reiki Level 1 & 2
- Contemplative End of Life Care – Institute of Traditional Medicine
- Transformational Coaching and Facilitation – Feminine Power through Evolving Wisdom
- Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Additional training and experience in reproductive health and fertility including labour preparation and support and postpartum care.
- Ongoing training in TCM
- Integrated Cancer Care – Inspire Health Health Team
- Faculty Institute of Traditional Wisdom
- Guest lecturer – University of Toronto
- Web Producer – Sympatico
- Acupuncturist focus on musculoskeletal care – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Media experience – As seen on CBC, CNN, in the Hearty Soul, The Elephant Journal