A Weekend Retreat – May 29-31st, 2015
Join us for this amazing weekend retreat at the beautiful Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre in Midland Ontario. We will be looking at the ancient wisdom of Chinese Medicine and how it applies to everyday life, our yoga practice and the foods we eat.
Join Chinese Medicine Practitioner Angela Warburton, Yoga Instructor and Registered Acupuncturist Cathy Keenan and acclaimed Chef Joshna Maharaj, for a nourishing, delicious and insightful weekend for your body, mind and soul.
This weekend is designed to help you understand your body in a whole new way. Offering solid takeaways that makes putting this medicine into everyday practice easy, empowering and fun! Customized to you, your body type and the way in which you live your life.
Dynamic, interactive, soothing for the soul and inspirational for the mind and body. Learn how your body is talking constantly and by making subtle shifts to how you eat, cook, live and move, you can heal in profound ways.
All vegetarian meals included with cooking demonstrations, customized yoga poses and practices for YOUR body type and a rich insightful look into the ancient wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Included in this weekend:
- The 6 different body types, which one you are and how to eat for your specific type.
- Which yoga poses will bring vitality back to your body and the ones you should avoid for your body type
- Using food as medicine to help you thrive and avoid the foods that drain your energy and act like poison to your system.
- How your ability to make decisions, your sleep patterns, and your nail health is a sign that your body is ‘talking’. What does it mean?
- The kidneys are related to your reserves of energy and simple foods you can include or avoid to strengthen your system (like a savings account for your vitality)
- How the digestive system is affected not only by what you eat but how you eat it (even how the food looks has an influence on your health!)
- How bruising easily may also be a sign of poor digestive health.
- Who can benefit from eating raw foods and those who simply can’t digest them by simple signs that show up in your mood, temperature and bowel patterns….and much more exciting stuff!
Shared accommodation, all meals, two yoga classes per day, workshops, cooking demos, a group acupuncture session and lots of fun!
[wpecpp name=’Chinese Medicine Getaway’ price=’448.61′]
Early bird: $397 + HST before March 31st 2015 – $497 + HST after
Contact: email@example.com or call 416-324-8888 to register.
With @AngelaWarburton, Cathykeenan.com and @JoshnaMaharaj.
May 29-31 2015